Careers at Legacy Ag Credit
Sulphur Springs, Texas
May 9, 2023
Assists loan officers in the analysis, servicing, and reporting of the association’s mortgage and commercial loans. Fully competent professional, assignments are varied and moderately complex in nature, some latitude for decision making, works under moderate supervision.
Legacy Ag Credit, ACA is headquartered in Sulphur Springs and has five offices conveniently located across the northeastern region of Texas in Sulphur Springs, Canton, Gilmer, Terrell, and Longview. As part of the Farm Credit System for more than 100 years Legacy Ag Credit is a rural agricultural lender and a private cooperative, focused on financing farms, timberland, recreational property, agribusiness firms and rural homes.
Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or a related field, or equivalent experience and two (2) to four (4) years of experience in general bookkeeping or the administration and analysis of credit on commercial and mortgage loans including risk assessments and recommendations on approval of loan applications.
- Assists loan officers in the analysis, servicing, and reporting of the association's mortgage and commercial loans. Works directly with lending staff in the development of appropriate credit decision and prepares other reports as requested by management.
- Analyzes financial information including balance sheets, income statements, cash flow and tax returns to form an opinion of the strengths, weaknesses and risks associated with loan packages. Determines probability of default (PD) ratings as appropriate and make recommendations for approval or denial of loan.
- Interprets, communicates, and provides guidance to loan officers regarding association lending policies and procedures.
- Reviews and approves loans submitted by other lending staff that exceed their delegated authority.
- Ensures that all assigned loans are properly risk rated, assigned loss given defaults are correct and performance status assignments are proper.
- Complies with proper credit administration practices as outlined in the associations policies and procedures.
- Assists senior-level credit analysts with complex loan applications as necessary.
General knowledge of accounting/financial systems. Specialized knowledge of accounting/finance principles. Skill in oral and written communication. Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Office applications. Ability to perform intermediate-level accounting and financial analyses under moderate supervision.
Our comprehensive benefit program includes, but is not limited to:
- An outstanding company-wide incentive program
- Accommodating and flexible vacation and sick leave
- 10-12 paid holidays per year
- 401(k) plan with up to a 9% employer contribution/match
- Affordable health, dental, and vision plans
- Employer paid life insurance and disability
- Tuition reimbursement
To be considered for this position, please email or fax your resume and salary history to the following:
Legacy Ag Credit, ACA
ATTN: Sherry Sturgis, Senior Vice President/Chief Administrative Officer
Sulphur Springs, TX 75482
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Working on a farm or ranch isn’t the only way to work in agriculture. At Legacy Ag Credit, working in farming and ranching isn’t just a job, it’s a way of life. The more you get to know us, the more you’ll begin to understand no one is more dedicated to agriculture and the values of the people who work in this industry than the people at Legacy Ag Credit. For a work environment which will demand the best you have to offer and appreciate everything you have to give, there’s no better place to be than Farm Credit.
Why Work at Legacy Ag Credit
- The opportunity, environment, and incentives for employees to deliver the highest level of services to customers, and to contribute to the attainment of Association goals.
- A wide range of benefits including health insurance, retirement plans, vacation, holidays, sick leave, tuition reimbursement, and more. Of course, Legacy offers extremely competitive pay.
- Friendly work environment.
Legacy Ag Credit’s vision is to be the premier provider of agricultural financial services, surpassing all other financial institutions in customer service, quality products, and innovative practices. By providing these services, we will directly assist the production and distribution of agricultural commodities throughout the United States and the world.
Legacy Ag Credit is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer, and as an equal opportunity employer, Legacy is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. Under the provisions of the Farm Credit Act, Legacy is also committed to the elimination of barriers that restrict employment opportunities available to minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.