Careers at Legacy Ag Credit
Vice President Lendingread more
Manages the overall functions of a medium to large-sized branch office including
credit quality, loan servicing, business development, and personnel administration. Has a high level of delegated
authority and some supervisory responsibility, but a majority of duties are related to loan making. Has considerable
latitude for decision making in the implementation of association goals.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration,
Finance, Agricultural, Economics, or a related field, or equivalent experience and five (5) to seven (7) years or
progressively responsible banking or related agricultural lending experience, including at least one (1) year in a
supervisory and/or Management position.
1. Responsible for goals and objectives for the assigned branch office and its employees and delegates authority
as appropriate to carry out the goals and objectives. Motivates, evaluates, and provides training for branch
office employees. Consults with upper management concerning staffing needs.
2. Promotes the association by maintaining good public and member relations.
3. Generates new loan business, services existing loans, and manages the loan portfolio of assigned office.
Completes loan analyses within the guidelines and policies of the association. Processes and approves loan
requests within the limits of delegated authority and in accordance with association guidelines. Prepares and
submits loan requests that exceed delegated lending authority to the appropriate management level along with
recommendation for approval or rejection.
4. Ensures that all assigned loans are properly risk rated, assigned loss given defaults are correct and performance
status assignments are proper.
5. Complies with proper credit administration practices as outlined in the association’s policies and procedures.
6. Determines the eligibility and scope of financing for all new loans and ensures verification of assets and
liabilities. Secures background and credit history on new loans, repeat loans and renewals. Provides for
evaluation of loan collateral in accordance with association policies and procedures. Ensures proper lien
perfection on all collateral.
7. Maintains awareness of agricultural trends and business activity, FCA regulations, and legal obligations.
Ensures branch office operations comply with applicable policies, regulations, and laws. Prepares reports as
required by association management, the Board of Directors, and regulatory bodies.
8. Coordinates the implementation of advertising and marketing programs.
9. Performs collections and management of branch offices, adverse assets including acquired property as required
to minimize potential loss to the association’s acquired property as required.
10. Responsible for day-to-day operations of the branch.
Specialized knowledge of banking administration and accounting policies,
procedures, reports, guidelines, and banking regulations. Specialized knowledge of financial analysis and
asset/liability management. General knowledge of accounting/financial systems. Specialized knowledge of
accounting/finance principles. Skill in oral and written communication. Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Office
applications. Ability to perform intermediate-level accounting/financial analyses.
Legacy Ag Credit, ACA is a full-service, locally owned cooperative lender specializing
in financing rural land and agricultural operations in Northeast Texas. We are headquartered in Sulphur Springs
and have five offices conveniently located across the northeastern region of Texas in Sulphur Springs, Canton,
Gilmer, Terrell, and Longview. Part of the Farm Credit System, we provide financing for farms, timberland,
recreational property, agribusinesses, and rural homes.
Our comprehensive benefit program includes, but is not limited to:
- An outstanding company-wide incentive program
- Accommodating and flexible vacation and sick leave
- 10-12 paid holidays per year
- 401(k) plan with up to a 9% employer contribution/match
- Affordable health, dental, and vision plans
- Employer paid life insurance and disability
- Tuition reimbursement
If you’re interested in joining the Legacy Ag Credit team and meet the minimum requirements for this position,
please send your resume to:
Legacy Ag Credit, ACA
ATTN: Sherry Sturgis, Senior Vice President/Chief Administrative Officer
Sulphur Springs, TX 75482
November 15, 2022
Working on a farm or ranch isn’t the only way to work in agriculture. At Legacy Ag Credit, working in farming and ranching isn’t just a job, it’s a way of life. The more you get to know us, the more you’ll begin to understand no one is more dedicated to agriculture and the values of the people who work in this industry than the people at Legacy Ag Credit. For a work environment which will demand the best you have to offer and appreciate everything you have to give, there’s no better place to be than Farm Credit.
Why Work at Legacy Ag Credit
- The opportunity, environment, and incentives for employees to deliver the highest level of services to customers, and to contribute to the attainment of Association goals.
- A wide range of benefits including health insurance, retirement plans, vacation, holidays, sick leave, tuition reimbursement, and more. Of course, Legacy offers extremely competitive pay.
- Friendly work environment.
Legacy Ag Credit’s vision is to be the premier provider of agricultural financial services, surpassing all other financial institutions in customer service, quality products, and innovative practices. By providing these services, we will directly assist the production and distribution of agricultural commodities throughout the United States and the world.
Legacy Ag Credit is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer, and as an equal opportunity employer, Legacy is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. Under the provisions of the Farm Credit Act, Legacy is also committed to the elimination of barriers that restrict employment opportunities available to minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.