Careers at Legacy Ag Credit
Senior Credit Analyst
Sulphur Springs, Texas
August 2, 2021
Assists loan officers in the analysis, servicing, and reporting of the association’s loan participations, mortgage and commercial loans. Performs credit and financial analyses on complex/multi-entity loan originations; monitoring and due diligence review of various loan packages/opportunities; and review, reporting, compliance and loan servicing activities. Fully competent senior-level professional; assignments are broad and complex in nature requiring originality, ingenuity, and leadership; has appreciable latitude for decision making; works under minimum supervision. May serve as a Team Leader.
Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration or a related field, or equivalent experience and five (5) or more years of experience in the administration and analysis of complex credits on commercial and mortgage loans including experience in structuring and evaluating complex loan participations, credit relationships, and analyses of direct loans. Experience in the Farm Credit System is preferred but not required.
- Performs credit administration, financial analysis, monitoring and due diligence review of various financial packages and loan originations for the association and other reports as requested by management.
- Analyzes financial information including balance sheets, income statements, cash flow and tax returns to form an opinion of the strengths, weaknesses and risks associated with loan packages. Determines probability of Default (PD) ratings as appropriate and makes recommendations for approval or denial of loans.
- Ensures that all assigned loans are properly risk rated, assigned loss given defaults are correct and performance status assignments are proper.
- Complies with proper credit administration practices as outlined in the association’s policies and procedures.
- Participates in the development of loan relationships with other lenders, potential borrowers, applicants, members, participants and loan referral sources.
- Assists in the development and closing of complex loans by assisting management and loan officers with analysis and negotiation of such credits.
- Acts upon association prior approval loans and loan servicing actions within personal delegated authority and prepares recommendations for loan committee on loans exceeding such delegated authority.
- Interprets, communicates, and provides guidance to loan officers regarding association lending policies and procedures.
- Interprets and acts upon various legal, title and other questions which may arise on loans.
- May assist in developing and administering lending programs, as well as developing and revising operating procedures relating to lending operations.
- Provides mentoring/training to less-senior credit analysts.
- Assists other association personnel in completing projects as assigned.
General knowledge of accounting/financial systems. Specialized knowledge of accounting/finance principles. Skill in oral and written communication. Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Office applications. Ability to perform complex accounting/financial analyses under limited supervision.
If you’re interested in joining the Legacy Ag Credit team and meet the minimum requirements for this position, please send your resume to:
Legacy Ag Credit, ACA
ATTN: Sherry Sturgis, Senior Vice President/Chief Administrative Officer
Sulphur Springs, TX 75482
At the discretion of Legacy Ag Credit, ACA, position may be offered at alternate titles and other business experience may be considered relevant.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Working on a farm or ranch isn’t the only way to work in agriculture. At Legacy Ag Credit, working in farming and ranching isn’t just a job, it’s a way of life. The more you get to know us, the more you’ll begin to understand no one is more dedicated to agriculture and the values of the people who work in this industry than the people at Legacy Ag Credit. For a work environment which will demand the best you have to offer and appreciate everything you have to give, there’s no better place to be than Farm Credit.
Why Work at Legacy Ag Credit
- The opportunity, environment, and incentives for employees to deliver the highest level of services to customers, and to contribute to the attainment of Association goals.
- A wide range of benefits including health insurance, retirement plans, vacation, holidays, sick leave, tuition reimbursement, and more. Of course, Legacy offers extremely competitive pay.
- Friendly work environment.
Legacy Ag Credit’s vision is to be the premier provider of agricultural financial services, surpassing all other financial institutions in customer service, quality products, and innovative practices. By providing these services, we will directly assist the production and distribution of agricultural commodities throughout the United States and the world.
Legacy Ag Credit is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer, and as an equal opportunity employer, Legacy is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. Under the provisions of the Farm Credit Act, Legacy is also committed to the elimination of barriers that restrict employment opportunities available to minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.