Careers at Legacy Ag Credit
Gilmer, TX or Longview, TX
May 3, 2022
The primary scope of this position is discovering, developing and maintaining direct client relationships. Must be able to take a lead role in coordinating business development, credit analysis, loan administration and communication of actions within the Association in order to provide superior service in meeting a client’s expectations. Has considerable latitude for decision making in the implementation of association goals.
Education and experience requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Agricultural Economics, or a related field, or equivalent experience and eight (8) to ten (10) years or more of progressively responsible banking or related agricultural lending experience. Experience should include a broad understanding of lending regulations, credit operations, and credit practices.
- Concentrates primarily on generating new business and developing a loan portfolio through direct solicitation and origination of eligible loans.
- Monitors business relationships and credit compliance of originated loans.
- Evaluates needs of potential clients and provides appropriate financial solutions.
- Ensures proper loan underwriting and structuring is achieved through enforcement of loan policies and that they are properly approved in accordance with loan authorities and in conjunction with the centralized underwriting units.
- Makes calls on important prospects to sell and service consumer and banking needs.
- Manages and monitors respective loan portfolio and status of all exceptions and past dues on business and consumer loans in accordance with loan policy working in conjunction with reports from the centralized underwriting units
- Provides ongoing relationship servicing, including the resolution of service issues of clients.
- Monitors results versus objectives and recommends necessary strategic adjustments to ensure that objectives are reached.
- Serves as a member of various Association committees as assigned.
Excellent interpersonal relations, public speaking, administrative and communication skills are required. Strong analytical skills to market credit services to eligible Farm Credit borrowers, evaluate financial statements as well as identify and implement corrective actions when needed. Knowledge of business practices in mortgage and commercial lending, including credit standards, real estate appraisal, internal controls, financial management, human resource management, public and member relations, and marketing techniques. Leadership, strategic planning and goal setting are required. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is required. Travel is required.
recreational property, agribusinesses, and rural homes.
- An outstanding company-wide incentive program
- Accommodating and flexible vacation and sick leave
- 10-12 paid holidays per year
- 401(k) plan with up to a 9% employer contribution/match
- Affordable health, dental, and vision plans
- Employer paid life insurance and disability
- Tuition reimbursement
Working on a farm or ranch isn’t the only way to work in agriculture. At Legacy Ag Credit, working in farming and ranching isn’t just a job, it’s a way of life. The more you get to know us, the more you’ll begin to understand no one is more dedicated to agriculture and the values of the people who work in this industry than the people at Legacy Ag Credit. For a work environment which will demand the best you have to offer and appreciate everything you have to give, there’s no better place to be than Farm Credit.
Why Work at Legacy Ag Credit
- The opportunity, environment, and incentives for employees to deliver the highest level of services to customers, and to contribute to the attainment of Association goals.
- A wide range of benefits including health insurance, retirement plans, vacation, holidays, sick leave, tuition reimbursement, and more. Of course, Legacy offers extremely competitive pay.
- Friendly work environment.
Legacy Ag Credit’s vision is to be the premier provider of agricultural financial services, surpassing all other financial institutions in customer service, quality products, and innovative practices. By providing these services, we will directly assist the production and distribution of agricultural commodities throughout the United States and the world.
Legacy Ag Credit is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer, and as an equal opportunity employer, Legacy is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. Under the provisions of the Farm Credit Act, Legacy is also committed to the elimination of barriers that restrict employment opportunities available to minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.